Video and Alpha Video

Hi,

I have some questions about videos. The first one is about the Alpha Video: Could I use the “RGB + Alpha” from After Effects instead of the tutorial steps?

And the second one is:

I have tried with some videos used like the material of a plane but when I scan the video doesn’t play,and I only see the first frame.

I have tried with this tutorial: Alpha Video in Studio and with this one too: https://docs.zap.works/studio/video-in-the-3D-view/

Thank you :):blush:

1 Like

Hi There,

Our alpha video implementation relies on the mask side-by-side with the color version of the video to work. This is because standard mp4 video is supported across most mobile devices where the other alpha video codecs out there only run on certain devices. As a result, we do not support the RGB + Alpha setting from After Effects.

If you’re only seeing the first frame of your video then it sounds like you’re not correctly telling your video to play in script, can I doulbe check you’ve done this?

Thanks,
Mark

1 Like

Hey @Mark, iphone supports video alpha?

It’s more the zappar app then the iphone. I have tested it on an iphone and it worked for me.

Steve