Windows Webcam in Unity

Hi! new to zappar, just got the examples from github, the face tracking examples are not starting the webcam, not sure if I need to add something first to make it work with play.

I´m on windows… tested in 2019 and 2020

Hi @parsec3d,

The Windows Unity package doesn’t currently allow for testing in play mode. You will need to build your project and host it locally to test. More info here - https://docs.zap.works/universal-ar/publishing-and-hosting/

Windows play mode testing for face tracked experiences is something that we are working hard on and will most likely be in the next release.

George

1 Like

That seems reasonable, although I’m still having issues with the Android build having the same issue with the camera on the device. I also tried the workflow involving using the CLI tool to serve a local build of the WebGL version with no results.

In both cases the camera input wasn’t visible, although in the locally hosted WebGL build the project just rendered a grey screen.

Thanks for the added information.

I’ve replied on this thread here -

Ahh sorry about that! I was typing up a response before I even confirmed I was in the right thread! I’ll give your suggestion a shot.

@ncsu-delta-vr,

Please also make sure you have the most up to date package downloaded. You can get it here - https://zap.works/universal-ar/unity/

George

Does the Mac Unity package allow for testing in play mode? If I set my project to iOS, I can test in play mode, but if I set the target to WebGL, the AR stops working.

Hi @rendermouse,

The Universal AR Unity package for Mac should allow for testing in play mode, regardless of your project build platform. Last time I tested this, I was using a MacBook Pro with a WebGL environment.

I’d recommend installing the latest version of our Unity package and trying again.

If you still have issues, feel free to report back here with your device type and version, or contact support at support@zappar.com! :blush:

All the best,
Francesca