Preview not working

Hi, im new to zappar, i’m just doing some tests with 3d objects and when i come to preview on the desktop app (OSX) it looks like its doing something but the scancode never appears for me to test . please help?

1 Like

hi i have problem like you, please help me if any one know
thanks
mehdi

If I’m understanding your question correctly you have so far:

1. built experience in zapper studio
  2. selected the preview option in studio to see your experience

At that point what occurs next? Error message? Nothing? Another pop-up? any message?

Keep in mind that you will need to have a ZapWorks account and will be asked to log in to preview your newly built experience.

i built wxperiencee in studio
before in last version studio ask me to log in account and afterthat preview worked but now in new version noting ask me and preview doesnt work and just loading and after noting happend

Zapworks should ask you to log in every day (if I’m right)
You can try clicking on the zap dropdown (top left). In the list there is a sign out of zapworks. Then I would close Zapworks and reopen it.

If that doesn’t work maybe

1. uninstall Zapworks
  2. reboot your computer
  3. download new copy of Zapworks and install it.

Steve

Hi. I’ve just checked. I have the latest version of zap works desktop. Osx version. Previewed a project, it loaded the log in/authorise screen. Then uploaded package etc. The dialogue screen disappears as progress bar completes and I get nothing. No next step, no scan code. Like it’s just missed a step or not fully operational. Thanks

This may need the zappar guys @Seb @George @Bob

Steve

Hi this seems to be working for me now thanks.:slight_smile: …well it goes through to giving me the code, i use my phone which scans and seems to accept the preview scancode, but my zap/zappar doesn’t then appear?

Hello Everyone,

I have the same issues.
I’m in trial version and I canno’t preview anything.

If you have any answer to this issue, it would be very helpful !

Thanks,
BR from France

Baptiste

Hi @george_hurrell79,

If you are scanning an image tracked experience then once the zapcode is scanned, you will need to point your device at the target image.

@baptiste, please make sure you are logged into the correct ZapWorks account. You can log out at any time by clicking the lightning bolt in the top left-hand corner of Studio.

If you are still having issues then there might be something blocking Studio’s preview/publish process. I’d recommend temporarily disabling any anti-virus or firewalls and reloading Studio.

If the problem persists then feel free to email support@zappar.com, where we can look into the issue further.

George

1 Like

Many thanks. I’ve got somewhere with it now where I can see my project and have it animated.

Hi everyone!

I’m currently having the same issue with the preview where it’s “preparing to upload” and “uploading package,” the progress bar completes, but then the window disappears and I never get my preview.

• i have a zapworks account
  • signed out of zapworks from inside zapstudio, closed zapstudio, and reopened it
  • uninstalled zapworks, rebooted my computer, download and installed a new copy of zapworks
  • from what i can tell i’m not in the trial version?
  • allowed studio to pass the firewall

Any insight would be very appreciated!

Thank you @George, I’ve contacted the support. Everyting is Ok now :slight_smile:

Hi. I’ve just checked. I have the latest version of zap works desktop. Osx version. Previewed a project, it loaded the log in/authorise screen. Then uploaded package etc. The dialogue screen disappears as progress bar completes and I get nothing. No next step, no scan code. Like it’s just missed a step or not fully operational. Thank
Sarkari Result Pnr Status 192.168.l.l

Same problem here, we are running a workshop and stuck… A windows version is buggy, an OSX cannot preview with the progress bar bug.

I have had problems with it as well. Locks up when debug it open. I have to click back and forth between zappar window and debug to get the debug to go. Also after a update my webcam doesn’t work most of the time. I have to use a usb camera.

I was told there should be a update to zapworks soon and to keep an eye out for it.

Steve

Same issue here. Preview uploads, I scan the code and all I get is ‘unlocking’ in Zappar. Same thing when I try to publish. All up to date, logged in etc. Same issue across multiple PCs and Mac :frowning:

A right royal PITA…

Hi @sportsdz25,

Sorry for the late reply -

This happens when the account you are logged into doesn’t have an active seat assigned to it. You can click preview/publish and the progress bar will appear but the zapcode will not. We are looking at ways to show an error message to hopefully make it a lot clearer.

@MrPropre sometimes the log-in and progress bar modal show up below the Studio window itself, could be the issue you are experiencing?

@TK422, I have replied to your support request directly, but for others that might be having the similar problems - the “Unable to connect” error can appear either when there is no stable internet connection, or if an experience has never been published to that specific project. I’d recommend double-checking that the project that relates to the trigger has an experience published to it.

Hope this helps.

George

That was our problem here, that’s good to have a message so the user know how to fix the problem.

Still no joy. There are no issues with my connection (I can publish other experiences just fine) and the problem persists across multiple computers and connections with this project. The experience is publishing up to the project - it appears in the project log and I can even DL the ZPP file and re-import into Studio, but I just can’t get this project to preview at all.