Improved Analytics

Would be great if more details could be add to Zap-alytics so that it was more valuable. For instance, can more details around user location be provided than just the country? My target audience will ONLY be in one country, so this metric isn’t valuable… however, if it was able to drill down and provide the city within the country, that would be much more valuable!

Other improvements related to this:

• Right now the ‘Time of Day’ widget shows no details for me…
  • the CSV reports could be improved to provide better information. Currently the formatting is wrong and shows #### for most columns.
3 Likes

Hi there,

Within zap-alytics, we don’t have a more accurate breakdown of location data beyond country because we don’t ask for the user’s location data in the Zappar app. This is deliberate as we want to keep the app lightweight, simple and not obtrusive.

With regards to the two points you’ve listed, could you please send us the URL to the statistics you encounter an issue with and let us know how to replicate (are you considering all your zapcodes or only one of them, and what’s the date range selected)?

1 Like

I would like to have such a valuable feature to capture the cities or even streets within a country. For example, we roll out a marketing campaign across a country/city and hundreds/thousands of posters with AR markers are sent out to different stations/locations. The collected data will allow us to know which stations/locations of the posters are popular and unpopular. For unpopular stations/locations, they could be due to low human traffic flow or unstrategic placement of the posters. Remedies can then be implemented to improve their popularities.

2 Likes

Hi @Kevan,

Thanks for your feature suggestion :slight_smile:. Before implementing a feature such as this, we’d have to consider the consequences in regards to users’ right to privacy (if the location, timestamp etc. could be used to identify them).

While our analytics tools don’t currently support the type of granular location data that you’ve suggested, many of our business users use the following workaround:

1. Create an experience.
  2. Create a zapcode on ZapWorks for each location you’ll be releasing the experience to
  3. Create a new zapcode group, and add the created zapcodes to it (this allows you to view collated data)
  4. Create a tracking image for each zapcode (you can use the same image, just update the zapcode on the tracking image)
  5. Publish the experience to all of the zapcodes
  6. Release the print material, placing each tracking image in the specific location you’d like to track

E.g. Zapcode A is found in location 1, zapcode B is in location 2 etc. Viewing the analytics data for zapcode A, you’d know how many people scanned in that location. As the zapcodes are also grouped in ZapWorks, you can see the total number of scans etc. across all zapcodes.

Hope this helps. If you have any other questions please let me know.

All the best,
Seb

1 Like

Thanks, Seb.

I’ve thought of that idea but that will “lock down” all the posters to those locations. If a new location is identified, a new poster with a new AR marker has to be sent for printing again. This is feasible for a few locations but it becomes a hassle for many locations (e.g 100++ fire stations) across a country. If an experience needs to be updated, depending on the number of locations, it has to be duplicated many times.

I’ve another idea. If there is a questionnaire tool in ZapWorks Designer, we can create questions (Drop-down, multiple choice, multiple response, text-entry) with (pre-defined) options for the user to choose/enter and submit. In this case, does it still consider intruding the users’ right to privacy since they submit that information to us? Questionnaire tool can be used to collect data such as the location of the user, feedback of a product/service, an entry to a contest, etc. The collected data can be viewed, compared and exported.

Let me know your thoughts.

Thanks.

1 Like

Thanks for the response @Kevan,

Based on your points, the best solution seems to be for you to host the questionnaire externally (on Google Forms or Survey Monkey for example) and link through to it via your experience.

Within the survey you could collect the data you mentioned i.e. email, location etc. while retaining full control over the data that your users have supplied you.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you have any other questions.

All the best,
Seb

1 Like

Thanks, Seb.