Zapcode not working beyond preview mode

My preview Zapcode works correctly and can be read by my Android phone when the preview is generated via Designer… I published it, then downloaded the actual Zapcode for a print test and now I can’t read it via my Android phone…Am I doing something wrong in the process? Should I attempt a new zapcode? Does the old one need to be deleted if this is recommended?

Thanks

Abel

Everything OK now, I realized that the Zapcode needs to be on the canvas for the zappar app to work, I was mistakenly thinking that the zapcode could be place by itself and be read by the zappar app. I guess the grab n go is the only option here…

Hi @abertaud,

Content in Designer is displayed tracked to the experience’s tracking image. By default, if no tracking image is set the content will be tracked to the zapcode itself.

We always recommend using a tracking image as it serves as both the call-to-action and the scannable target. You can find more details on creating and using a tracking image here.

If the Grab and Go functionality is enabled, the content will be displayed relative to the screen when the target is not in the device’s camera view.

Hope this helps.

All the best,
Seb

I watched this video and it stops short of telling you how to use the publish, print and save features. Please Help!

Hey there,

Publishing a zapcode makes the zapcode live, enabling zapalytics and allowing other people to scan your zapcode on their own devices. Unlike previewing, publishing a zapcode ties the AR experience to a more permanent zapcode (which is used for printing, e.g. on a birthday or business card).

You can print a zapcode by first downloading one. Head over to my.zap.works and then select the zapcode you wish to download. Select the ‘Download Zapcode’ button and choose a file type (SVG or PNG). Once you have downloaded your zapcode, you can print it.

Regarding the save feature, this is used sparingly. Designer and Widgets automatically save any changes that are made to the AR experience built on those tools, so that when you publish, you are always publishing the most recent version of the Experience.

Hope this clarifies things, and if you have any other questions, please reply or email us at support@zappar.com.

Best,
Bob

hello there, i can’t download zap

g file extension working

Hi @zzero1208,

I’m sorry to see you’re having troubles with this feature! Hopefully it’s all sorted now, but if not, no fear!

You can download your ZapCode by clicking on your project at my.zap.works, finding the ‘Triggers’ panel and then clicking on ‘Go To Triggers’. From here, you should be able to download your ZapCode, ready to place your trigger on a target image in image editing software!

When you come back to that dialog with your newly coded image, be sure to click ‘Continue’ and then you can upload it :tada:

Have a lovely day!
Francesca :blush: