Updated 3D documentation

Hey everyone!

Just a quick update to let you know that we’ve updated the entire 3D section of our documentation site to include some more helpful information, and cover some frequently asked questions regarding the use of 3D models in ZapWorks Studio.

While you’re there feel free to check out the additional models we’ve added to the 3D Model Library, including some themed asset packs for you to play around with.

There’s also a new article all about optimising your experience that you can find in the Workflow section of the docs.

As always, any questions or suggestions are more than welcome, just drop us a message on the forum :slight_smile:

Enjoy!

All the best,
Seb

4 Likes

Wow! Thanks for that update, I’ll check it immediately. I tried to import some 3d models I’ve scanned a few days ago from Artec Studio directly but failed. Used .OBJ file format only. Spent some time trying to fix that but had no luck. I’m such a newbie…
err3
Should I use any 3d software to fix my 3d models or should I try to convert .obj files to .fbx? Any help would be greatly appreciated
Dave.

Hey @dayveelemm,

I’d recommend inspecting your .obj file in a 3D software and ensuring the model’s properties adhere to ZapWorks Studio’s 3D requirements.

Many 3D scanning technologies are known to produce non-standard meshes, with high polygon counts and poor geometry that usually requires some form of optimisation within a 3D software.

Let me know how it goes :slight_smile:

All the best,
Seb