Studio WebAR Audio of 3 from 5 Videos not playing

Hi there!

I am currently working on a WebAR-project with studio and it worked all fine till I tested it with my iphone and the qr-code. Now if I open it with my phone and the webbrowser there is no audio on three from 5 videos.

I googled the problem and it seems like I am not alone with this issue. In the ZapWorks forum it said you could test adding a query string to the QR code URL to allow multiple videos audio to play when launched on iOS devices in the web. The weird thing is, that some of my videos are playing with audio… and some are not! Please! If anyone has any idea how I could solve this problem I would be very happy.

Here is my zap work file and the link:

https://my.zap.works/projects/1354523154689686253/

Hi @jelena.moench, I hope you’re well!

I believe that I have answered your support ticket, but I’d like to pop a quick answer here in case it happens to be helpful to anybody else! :nerd_face:

Browsers often put in their own safety measures and this is generally the case with things like playing audio. This is out of our control, however, there are some work arounds!

The safest way to make something like this work is to use one video player only and change the source of the video depending on the state. This just makes sure that browsers won’t block any extra offenders since there will only be one video in the scene at one time, and nothing that is hiding will meddle with the process. This also optimises your project because devices will only have to load one video player and will simply switch between the appropriate videos.

This issue is also commonly a CORS server side problem. This may be dependent on your project so it’s worth doing a bit more research yourself to find what the best approach is for you - there’s some helpful information about solving a CORS issue in this forum post here!

Have a great day,
Francesca :blush:

Hi Franscesca! I tried your solution of changing video materials in one VideoPlane and it worked fine in the zappar App but still did not work in the webbrowser. The audio is now playing but the whole application slows down after triggering the second Videomaterial and often crashes completely. I also change the videos sizes and compressed them but its still not working. Now I was wondering if it would work to import just one video of all the videos in one and then change the timecodes by a pointerdown event. But I don’t know how to code start and pause at a specific timecode… Any suggestions? I found some information in the forum : Starting the video at time x
But I still can’t code the stop/pause actions…

jelena.moench

1m

Hi Franscesca! I tried your solution of changing video materials in one VideoPlane and it worked fine in the zappar App but still did not work in the webbrowser. The audio is now playing but the whole application slows down after triggering the second Videomaterial and often crashes completely. I also change the videos sizes and compressed them but its still not working. Now I was wondering if it would work to import just one video of all the videos in one and then change the timecodes by a pointerdown event. But I don’t know how to code start and pause at a specific timecode… Any suggestions? I found some information in the forum : Starting the video at time x
But I still can’t code the stop/pause actions…