(solved)Unlocking and image tracking at the same time breaks the experience

Hello. So I have an image tracking experience. On iphone 12/iphone8/ipad air when the unlocking is loading and the camera is pointed at the image target after the unlocking is done the experience does not start. However, if the camera is NOT pointed at the image target while unlocking then after unlocking find the image target the experience is fine. gif attached for clarification:

not_working
working

really need help and clarification as soon as possible.

Also, i have parent.one(“read”, () => { //do image tracking in here })

This feels like a state thing. Y’know when you make a new image tracking project, there’s some “show” and “hide” script nodes in the hierarchy? There are some bits of code in there that reset and activate the shown or hidden controllers (the thingies at the bottom left of Studio).

You seem to be showing your speaker icon thing once the project’s loaded; once someone’s tapped “Got it” you probably need to fire off the display_hidden.reset() and display_shown.activate() stuff - I’m guessing that they’re getting triggered too early

(just a guess)

Yeah, I’m only using the show node where all my script is at. the script in hide node I’ve commented out. i have

parent.one(“read”, () => { //if ios show prompt //if prompt hidden do image tracking in here })

so if android the audio prompt is hidden anyway so the image tracking can get started.

so im not relying on the display controller and the hide node, ill even delete them if it helps. :sweat_smile:

So the experience doesn’t actually break. The image target has Tracking Enabled property and its set to true by default. My script has Target.one so it only runs once and prior to that on iOS devices i want the audio prompt to appear first. I assume in some way the Target is being tracked but doesn’t trigger anything to happen because of that. So I set Tracking Enabled to false and once the audio prompt is done re enable it.

1 Like