Plane clicking errors in hierarchy

Hi guys,
I have a project set up such that there are 2 planes to click.
The large plane (size 2,2) covers the whole screen and is placed above in the hierarchy(hence rendered before).
The small plane (size 0.5,0.5) is placed below the large plane in the hierarchy(hence rendered later).
In the experience also the small plane is visible above the large plane.
However, on clicking anywhere on the screen, the large plane’s pointerdown event is getting fired, even if I press the small plane. (The small plane’s pointerdown event never gets fired wherever I click)
I have also changed the position of the large plane’s Z-axis to -1 and that of the small plane to +1.
Still, the problem has persisted.
It would be very helpful if someone from the forum can explain why this is happening and also how to solve this.
Thanks in advance.

Prodipta

The render order is not the same as the order which planes receive clicks. The plane that is placed higher in the hierarchy consumes clicks first. Flip the order in the hierarchy, leaving the smaller plane above, and tick the smaller plane’s option render sorted.

Alternatively, keeping the same hierarchy order and changing the smaller plane’s z axis to 1 should work as well. Weird that this solution did not work out for you.

1 Like

Thanks, @marcus
I again made a new project and placed the smaller plane in Z-axis +1. It’s working now, I can’t figure out why it was not working previously.
I had completely forgotten about the render order trick (I read it a long time back in Zappar’s docs).:joy::joy:

1 Like