New to Zapworks - Clouds Moving Instead of Earth 1:08 Zapworks Clouds Moving Instead of Earth

Howdy, I’m new to Zapworks so I might not be using the right jargon. I’m trying to use the 3d planet tools provided in zapworks space competition. The problem I’m having is that the clouds move around the earth instead of the earth moving. I’ve uploaded a video to youtube to show what I’m talking about. What do I need to do to the timeline to get the earth texture to move instead of the clouds?

Youtube video: https://youtu.be/0eEBc0IBSlg

Thanks,

Alex S.

First off, welcome!

I haven’t had a chance to dig into the .zpp, but my first guess is that there might be multiple rotation animations happening simultaniously.

The Earth itself might be rotating in Zappar’s example video in one direction, while the 3d model animation plays, rotating the clouds in the other direction, making it look like they’re standing still. For example, the clouds might be on a loop to rotate 360 degrees, while the Earth node is set on a different loop to rotate -360 degrees. I’ve done similar trickery to make a ferris wheel spin while the seats stay upright.

If there’s one thing I’ve learned over the last nine or so months I’ve been using Studio, it’s that a lot of trickery can happen within it to achieve the look you’re going for. Don’t be afraid to mess around with folder/group properties, or nesting subsymbols within projects to access different sets of properties as well.

As always, I usually drop links to some helpful pages within the ZapWorks documentation, so if you haven’t read them yet, you may find them helpful: