Model render issue on iOS zappar app

Hi there,

See the image below. I imported a 3d character I created into zapworks studio, using the world tracking ground placement option. Viewing in the native Zappar app on an Android phone looks great, but on iOS devices there appears to be a stray vertex or 2 in the model that stretch to the center point of the screen as I move the device around. Any thoughts on what might be causing this? Perhaps an issue with the model or something that I can fix within Zapworks Studio? Thanks!

IMG_0157

Any time I have seen this there is a problem in the model. I would go thru it and see if there are any stray points left in the model.

Steve

1 Like

Thanks for the reply! I imported a simpler (lower poly) version of the model and that seems to be working fine now.

2 Likes

Hi @joshuamenas,

Seems like this is a model skinning issue, and maybe related to certain GPUs. Basically, the bone weights of one or more vertices are somehow considered as 0 during the animation. So the visual results show them stay in the center point every frame.

I would recommend review the skinning settings of the model and try reduce number of bones. :slight_smile:

George

1 Like