Importing Textures for the 3D model and Animation

Hey guys. I’ve just started working with the ZapWorks Studios and i have some doubts about how to import textures for the 3D model, and if i can set points that i could click on it to realize some actions.

First of all, i imported my 3D model as a OBJ file and it appeared all black, and i don’t know how to import the textures, does it have to be a separated png file, if so how can i bring the texture from the modeling software to ZapWorks?

Also I read in your website that I cannot do an animation with an OBJ file, but what I wanted to know is if I set a point in the 3D model that I click on it and a text box appears is considered as an animation.

Thanks.

Hello Christian,

Image maps for 3D models have to be present on export. The 3D model has to have a UV map and the texture assigned to it. When importing to ZapWorks, it will ask for you to drag in the 3D texture. If the model has no problems then you will see the image map instantly.

You can assign buttons to the 3D model by placing transparent/visible 2D planes in the locations of the 3D model where you want the user to interact.

1 Like