I have 2 problem ( tools studio and designer )

hi
I’ve been going over this issue for hours, but I can’t seem to figure this out… Hopefully someone has an answer. No matter what I do, I can’t get 3d animations to play in Zapworks Studio. I’ve downloaded PVRShaman, and all of the related plugins, and I’ve installed them into the proper places for blender. It’s a fairly simple animation… Just a car going around a track. I’ve tried with, and without bones/armatures. When I right-click to view the 3d file’s, properties from the “Media Library” in Zapworks Studio… it shows that it has 60 frames of animation, but it doesn’t show anywhere else as a timeline. This is true from both my Mac, and my PC. When I bring the file into PVRShaman, it shows the animation working properly… I’m sure I’m just missing a step, or a setting somewhere. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

and the second question

I was wondering if there is an limitation to the image quality in the online editor. We are trying to make a click-trough explanation of some software but the screenshots tend to lose a lot of quality, as if Zapworks downsamples them after uploading. Is there a limit and if so is there a difference between Zapworks online editor and the Studio?

thx all!

Hi There,

To answer your animation question it’s possible the final step you’re missing is the one discussed on this page - https://docs.zap.works/studio/3d-models/playing-3d-animations/. In particular, I would pay attention to the first video and see if you can find the animation timeline within the 3d model subsymbol.

With regards to image quality, all content uploaded to the Designer tool is subject to compression in order to make sure it serves well across a multitude of devices and internet connections.

We are looking to improve the compression applied to media uploaded to the online tools but in the meantime, ZapWorks Studio gives more control over the level of compression applied.

Thanks,
Mark