How to simulate glass

Hello
Along with greeting you and wishing you an excellent 2021, I need to ask you a question about an Augmented Reality development in progress.
The development is for a liquor company in Chile, therefore the use of materials that simulate glass is essential so that the bottles and glasses look as real as possible.
I did the modeling of the bottles and glasses in Autodesk Maya using Mantal Ray, I exported to Zappworks Studio in FBX format but the materials do not travel correctly.
I am trying to simulate glass with PBR Material and Standard Lighting Material, but I am not achieving an optimal result.
The question is if there is any glass example to emulate or if there is a way to import Mental Ray materials from Maya?
Thank you very much in advance, I will be attentive to your answers.
Cheers

Hi @acuevas,

I’ve replied to your support request directly but thought I’d copy my response over for anyone else looking to simulate glass in Studio:

I’d recommend using PBR materials and an environment light to get the most realistic feel for the model. It sometimes helps to duplicate the model then set its backface culling on the duplicate to ‘front culling’ and then scale down the duplicate slightly. This gives the illusion of thickness.

I’m afraid there’s no way to import mental ray materials from Maya.

George

1 Like