Help Importing basic 2D animation

I’m brand new to this and very unfamiliar with zapworks. What I’m looking to do is probably very simple and basic compared to some of the really creative stuff made in this program. So I apologize if feels like a waste of time.

Just want to import elements from a 2d animation and have it play. For example I’m imaging it to work out similar to after effects. I’d like to import a png sequence. Then add background layer, along with sounds.

My end result is something similar to this if possible. https://youtu.be/VeaJOvdkRjc (Just with a feathered edge around background color.)

Thanks,
Chris

Hey Chris,

We all start from somewhere so don’t worry too much about whether you think your questions are too simple, we’re all more than happy to help! :slight_smile:

Studio doesn’t support png sequences to create animations. While this could theoretically be done using Studio’s timeline animations feature it would take quite a lot of work and would be best done in an external video editing software.

What you could do is import your png image sequence to your chosen video software to create an animation, and export this as a clip.

With the clip you could then follow our tutorial for getting alpha videos into Studio using Premiere Pro (although the steps for other software will be very similar).

That should give you the effect you’re looking for.

Hope this helps, let me know if you have any other questions.

All the best,
Seb

Thanks for the answer Seb. I suppose we could also animate 2d objects in Blender then export. As a designer I am very comfortable with creating 2d designs. Just trying to find the best way to animate things like jump, walk, wave, etc.
I am in love with Zapworks!