Face tracking

Hi
I am currently using the new face tracking element in Zap Studio - this is working great but does anyone know if you can also add framing elements to the scene? By this I mean static objects that grip the side of the frame?

Thanks

2 Likes

Hi @technology,

By framing elements, do you mean add a frame into the scene that is relative to the screen and not tracked?

Like this for example (Download ZPP here - Face Paint ZapWorks.zpp)-

Screenshot_20190219-095318

If so, then the above is created by adding a PNG image with the middle deleted, into a scene (must be PNG for transparency reasons). Then, selecting on the image in the hierarchy and changing the ‘relative to’ property to Z.Screen.

Frame%20example

Z.Screen relativity means that the image will now be positioned in 2D space and not in the 3D view. You can find out more information on relative to properties here - Coordinate Systems.

If I have misunderstood the question, then please do explain further and we can let you know if this is possible using our tools! :slight_smile:

George

2 Likes

Hi yes that’s exactly what I mean, thanks. Can buttons be added to that 2d space?

1 Like

Hi @technology,

Great! :slight_smile:

Anything with ‘Z.screen’ set as it’s ‘relative to’ property will be positioned in 2D space, much like the frame seen above.

This is a fantastic way to create UI for an experience!

We have a video explaining this is more detail, be sure to check that out - UI: Coordinates Systems.

Hope this helps.

George

2 Likes

Thanks, what I don’t totally understand is how something like this, which acts as a frame, can adapt to the different dimensions of device screens. is there an answer to that?

Best

2 Likes