Dynamic references

Is it possible to create a dynamic reference? I wanted to do something like the bezier curve, where there is a field called Points which I can keep adding fields to by clicking on ADD.

I don’t know if this will be useful, but one of the functions of the Z.Bezier object is points.

I am pretty sure you can use this to add points to a bezier line. I guess in theory you could have a random generator come up with X,Y, and Z coordinates within a certain range and feed these into existing bezier line.

You would, however, have to have a way of determining where you wanted a point to appear on the line instead of just appearing in space somewhere.

Sorry if this is not too helpful!

Z Bezier points

I don’t want to use the bezier line, it was just an example of what I want to do. I want to create a custom reference where the user can keep adding fields to it. I guess vector string is good enough, but if the user could add fields like the bezier line it would be better.

I’m afraid we don’t have anything like that right now but it’s a good idea. Perhaps we could have an ‘Array’ reference type that would allow users to set multiple rows of another type? I’ll add it to our feature tracker here. We’re planning a deep dive look at improving references soon.

1 Like