ZapWorks Ancient History Competition Rules
- The promoter of this competition is Zappar Limited (“Zappar”). Our correspondence address is Barley Mow Centre, 10 Barley Mow Passage, London W4 4PH. By entering the competition, entrants agree to be bound by these terms & conditions.
- The competition is open to all users of ZapWorks. If you’re using a personal account and you’ve already used your free code you will need to purchase an additional zapcode to enter the competition. If you are under the age of 13 please ask your parent or guardian for permission before entering the competition.
- You are free to enter as many times as you wish, but please be aware that only one of your entries will be considered for the competition. If you submit more than one experience please specify which experience you’d like to be considered for the competition.
- The competition is not directed to citizens of countries or states where it’s promotion or operation is illegal or unlawful, and such persons are not eligible to enter. Competition entries are void where prohibited by your country of residence. We also reserve the right to disqualify any entrant if we have reasonable grounds to believe the entrant has breached any of these terms & conditions.
- The competition is not open to Zappar staff, or family members.
- There is one prize to be won. This is as follows:
- *1st prize will receive $1000 (or *equivalent amount in their chosen currency) + free ZapBox Unit
*currency conversion rates will be finalized on the day of transfer and are at the discretion of Zappar
*the full amount will be paid into the beneficiaries bank account within 30 days of the competition close date
*No cash alternative will be offered for the free ZapBox
Start and Closing Dates
- The competition starts on Wednesday 17th October 2018
- Your competition entry must be submitted by 23:59 UK Time (BST) on Friday 30th November 2018 on the following page: https://zap.works/competitions/ancient-history
- The winner (1st place) will be selected and announced on Wednesday 12th December 2018 on Zappar’s web properties (www.zappar.com, zap.works, docs.zap.works, my.zap.works & forum.zap.works), social channels and email newsletter. Winners will, in the first instance, be contacted via email.
Entries will be judged on the following criteria:
- Educational value - how well the experience educates users on a given topic
- Complexity - how complex the project is, in terms of scripting, interactivity, etc.
- Tracking - how well the content tracks to the image
- Transition - how well the user transitions between the target image and AR experience
- Polish - SFX, nice animations, target events
- Assets - the quality of the 3D models, 2D images/UI
- UX - how well the user journey is communicated
- Theme - how consistently is the theme applied throughout the experience
- Immersive - how effectively immersion is maintained throughout the experience
Bonus points will be awarded for:
Narrative structure - how effectively the experience tells a story
Include a call to actionsomewhere in the experience
Documenting your progress in a WIP (Work In Progress) topic on the forum
Prize winners will be chosen by a panel of judges. In all matters, the decision of the judges will be final and no correspondence or discussion will be entered into.
Entrants will retain the copyright in their competition submission
By submitting your entry you consent that Zappar can use your entry in perpetuity for marketing and PR purposes on:
- Zappar’s web properties, social channels, and print collateral
- 3rd party sites
- Anywhere on the web that’s not listed above
The experience must be your own original work. Entrants are NOT allowed to use 3rd party content without a license. Zappar is not legally responsible for users that submit work without consent from all relevant 3rd parties.
You must have obtained any and all consents, approvals or licenses required for you to submit the experience.
The experience may not include any third-party trademarks (logos, names) or copyrighted materials (music, images, video, recognizable people) unless you have obtained the explicit permission to use the materials.
You should only use elements in your entry that have documented features on the ZapWorks documentation site
You are responsible for the cost (if any) of creating your competition entry and sending it to us, as well as all other costs associated with participation in the competition
Entrants cannot ask for help with their competition entry from Zappar employees
All entrants must have a ZapWorks account and access to the internet
*Entrants may use the ‘AncientEgypt.zpp ’ file as a starting point for your submission only.
To be in with a chance of winning, entrants should add a new mechanic, element or level of functionality to the experience that sets it apart from the original.
- Zappar cannot accept any responsibility for any damage, loss, injury or disappointment suffered by any entrant entering the competition or as a result of accepting any prize. Zappar is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment or software, failure of any email or entry to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet, telephone lines or at any website, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer or mobile telephone related to or resulting from participation in the competition. Nothing shall exclude Zappar’s liability for death or personal injury as a result of its negligence.
Data Protection and Publicity
- By entering the competition, you consent that Zappar may publish you as a winner on the Zappar website(s), Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
- The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by English law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.