360 Photosphere Size

Hello,

I need to animate some 3d objects within a 360 photosphere.

Can the internal space of the photosphere be increased so I have more room to animate the objects in and out.

Thanks

Simon

The Photosphere object is a plain ole’ 3D object, as far as I can tell, so if it’s not large enough to avoid clipping other objects you should be able to scale it up using the Properties panel, the same way you would with any other object.

Just make sure that your other 3D objects aren’t parented to the Photosphere or they’ll scale up too :slight_smile: Either set them Relative To something else, or group them so you can scale them down inversely.

Hello,

I’ve tried scaling the 360 Panorama Image so its scaled to 2.2.2 but there seems to be no change at all. I initially placed a 3D object so it was clipping before scaling so I was able to see any adjustments but no change?

If you scaled up the photosphere and the other 3D object still clipped against it, the other object must have scaled up too. Either it’s parented to the Photosphere, or it (or its parent group) is set Relative To the thing you scaled up.

Are you absolutely certain the other object isn’t parented to the Photosphere itself? And that you’ve scaled up the actual Photosphere, not any group that the Photosphere may be in (and which the 3D object also happens to be connected to, or set Relative To)?

If you still have problems, pop the project file up here so we can have a nose at it :slight_smile:

EDIT to add: I’m assuming (wrongly perhaps) that you’re using Zap Studio. If so, looking in the Hierarchy - if the node you’re scaling up has a little pink cog next to it, that’s not the actual Photosphere - that’s a subsymbol containing the sphere. You’ll need to find that subsymbol in the Symbol Definitions list, double-click it to jump in, and find the actual Photosphere mesh - it’ll have a green box icon in the hierarchy. Make sure that’s the thing you’re scaling :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yep, I was scaling the 360 Panorama Image with the pink cog. Great help thank you. All working well now.

Appreciate the feedback!