Zapworks Studio Alpha Video issues

I’ve followed the tutorial for creating alpha video and playing it from within the application. The problem is that all I end up with after selecting the video material for the plane is a white square. No video zapworks thumbnail preview or preview of the video. If I change the materials to stills it works fine.

I am also having issues where items will not display in the viewport. I export the project and re-import and hey presto they appear. Is this a series of viewport bugs within Zapworks or my machine?

To confirm, my colleagues machine shows the white square too so the video issue seems Zapworks related rather than machine related.

Any help appreciated asap. Thanks.

2 Likes

I have the same problem with alpha videos and white squares.
Any advice to solve this?
Thank you.

1 Like

Hi @steve.wilson and @lopez.fernando,

The white square displayed isn’t a bug, Studio doesn’t display a thumbnail preview of the video within the viewport. If you preview the experience within the Zappar app your video should play correctly.

If this isn’t the case please let me know.

In regards to assets not appearing, it’s worth reloading your current symbol (by double-clicking on it in the breadcrumb bar) to see if the content is reloaded.

All the best,
Seb

1 Like