Zappar WebAR

Hi Everyone and @connell

I am currently using you zapworks studio to create an AR scene with webAR.
This is working fine however I am getting errors while trying to play the 3d scene on Iphone.

It loads the marker and on completion it resets the page.

I’ve sent you the error message as an attachment.

Could you help me resolve these errors please?

With kind regards,
Jeen V

1 Like

Hello, I see that it does not work inside a mobile device if it is embedded in an iFrame. Only if it is a direct link.

Any solution or improvement?

It would be interesting to be able to embed it in an iFrame within an APP, thus avoiding having to download the Native APP from Zappar.

Thank you.

2 Likes

Hello, anyone can help me.
inside the mobile devices, the webAR not working but when i test at my dekstop, the webAR working so well.

1 Like

Hello @connell!

I’m playing around with the webAR but it takes ages to load the image capture.

I have a +20mb internet connection and it takes around 28 seconds since you accept to use the camera until the image capturer appears:

Is anyone else having this issue?

3 Likes

It takes 20 sec for me as well. I have about 80 mb on wifi with my samsung galaxy s7.

Steve

2 Likes

Hi!

Yes unfortunately there are some difficulties running the web AR platform inside an app. This is because the component Apple provides to make this possible (WKWebView) doesn’t yet support the camera. We’re hoping they address that soon, but in the mean time it’s best to use the native SDK or to link out to the site in Safari.

Cheers,
Connell

2 Likes

Hi!

Could you contact support@zappar.com with a link to your experience and we can take a look.

Cheers,
Connell

2 Likes

Hi robby2023!

Could you let us know what device you’re running on there (and OS version)? The WebAR platform makes extensive use of the latest web technologies available in the browser and so may be slower to load on older devices and OS’s.

Cheers,
Connell

2 Likes

Hi is there some more other options? I didnt find any docs about this?
Maybe to hide camera switch button?

Thanks

2 Likes

Hi!

There’s not an option to hide the switch camera button at the moment but we can totally add that :slight_smile:. Let us know if there are any other suggestions and we can see what we can do!

Cheers,
C

4 Likes

Thanks, that would be great!

Sometimes you dont need that button and you control selected camera with script so somethimes button is just there to confuse experience.

Just 2 quick things from the top of my head.
1 - collor of toolbar - like in zappar app
2 - is it possible to manipulate gyro rotation (orientation) of browser - so for example if you come to our experience browser wouldnt rotate if we rotate device - our experience acellometter settings would override then behaviour.

All those things (existing an also my suggestions) can maybe be available also as settings somewhere in zappworks studio - like object “Device” for zappar app?

Cheers

4 Likes

Would love to be able to set opacity of the bar in Zappar and WebAR! The option is there but not working right now.

1 Like

Hi to everybody, i have some question about WebAR…

1. If i create a project with Qr code, do i need to put it into the tracking image?..
  2. the name of the project need to be the same in Studio and in the Zappar back office?

tried the two but the Browser (safari on IOS) answer with: UNABLE TO CONNECT but after that it gives me the possibility to scan a zappar code, and after scanning the zappar code i can view the experience in the browser…
Thanks to everybody

1 Like

How can I Customize the Launch Screen in WebAR? Thanks.

1 Like

You have to contact the zappar guys. They will help you out.

Support@zappar.com

Steve

2 Likes

Hello guys,

I think it has been asked but I can’t find the (recent) answer: it is possible to run the webAR experience as an iframe inside another page?

Thx

Because WebAR is ran from zappar’s servers they will have to tell if it can be.

You have to contact the zappar guys. They will help you out.

Support@zappar.com

Steve

3 Likes

Thx Steve, you are super helpful.

2 Likes

I try to install Zappar WebAR in my windows pc. Initially, windows error 0x80248007 is showing and then I fix this error immediately. Now successfully I installed it and I am very with the experience.

1 Like

Zappar WebAR runs in google chrome or Safari browsers. How are you trying to install it?

Steve

1 Like