Zapbox minigolf with two (or more) people?

Maybe I just didn’t see it but is there a way for me to play Zapbox minigolf with two (or more) players? I was really hoping so, because of the two controllers I got… Thanks so much in advance for your help! (:

1 Like

Not yet. But that is something they are working on it.

Steve

Has there been any update to this??

Hay Beats_M,
So Yes and No,
@simon posted a video about the new ZapBox coming out later this year. One of the main parts will be a SDK for Unity. This would then give us multi-user support as well as other things.

Steve

Thanks Steve,

Do you have a link to the video you mentioned?

Mike

I’ll have to look for it. It may have been part of 3 day deal.
@simon??

Steve

I suspect the video @stevesanerd is referring to is the ZapBox talk from our “AR Pioneers” event a few months ago - that’s probably the best recent summary of the history and current plan for all things ZapBox - https://www.zappar.com/ar-pioneers/zapbox-future-affordable-mixed-reality/ (you’ll need to enter your email to watch the video).

Going forward we’d expect that larger experiences for ZapBox will likely be built in Unity, and so as Steve mentions it will be possible to take advantage of Unity’s support for multi-player experiences to build those for ZapBox.

The current content in the ZapBox app was all built in ZapWorks Studio. The original plan was to bring support for “collaborative experiences” into Studio, but as we are now opening up development to other existing engines the need to add that to Studio directly has diminished, so it’s dropped down the priority list somewhat.

So, in short, we definitely want to see multi-user experiences on ZapBox and both ourselves and others should be able to build them with Unity. We don’t currently have plans to make the current mini-golf multiplayer, although taking the assets and rebuilding it in Unity (and adding additional levels etc) is one of the content ideas that we may decide to explore in future.

Hope that helps!

2 Likes