World Tracking in WebAR

Hello,

i tried using World Tracking in WebAR and getting an error that my device is not supported but it actually is and it works fine in the Zapper app.

Tried on an recent iPhone and Android device.

Is this actually implemented/possible on the WebAR or does this only work in the App?

Cheers,
Dennis

Hi there,

Thanks for getting in touch.

Currently, due to browser technology limitations, World Tracking is not supported in Zappar WebAR. We’re still developing World Tracking for WebAR, however, we won’t be able to give a timeframe on it at this time.

In the meantime, we’re working on an alternative to world tracking called Instant Tracking; be sure to check our forum post here for more information.

Hope this helps you,
Bob

1 Like

Ah cool, thanks for the info and tip.
Sorry i didn’t saw that before, that’s really helpfully!

1 Like

Hi,
Whats the update on World Tracking with WebAR, is this close to release or is it already working?

Thanks

Last I heard they will not be doing it anytime soon. They are working on a better Instant Tracking.

Steve

Maybe should be better to clarify this info in the import notes of the Symbol, that World tracking in WebAR doesn’t work!!
After several tries I decided to search one solution in forums and now I realised that is not possible, but it would be easier to know this from the beginning…
:weary:

2 Likes

Hi Bob! Is there a solution to implement world tracking or instant tracking in 3D objects for webAR?
Or I just stop searching and find another way to implement the project?

Thanks.

You can use Instant tracking in WebAR. Just not World Tracking at this time.
I would look at this post. https://forum.zap.works/t/introducing-instant-tracking/5396 for the symbol.

Steve

1 Like