World Tracking 3D Model template I get two error messages

In the World Tracking 3D Model template I get two error messages

Question 1:
If I zap the preview zap code on my Samsung s5 (yes I know it’s old), I get “Unfortunately your device does not support world tracking” however, it still works but in a limited fashion – Question, is there a list of hardware that does support ‘world tracking’?

Question 2:
If select the “Launch the Zappar Desktop" in the same template, I get a "Update required for this app” I believe this app is launched out of the Zapworks 6 (the latest version) I’m not sure where or what (WebAR) to update.

Any assistance is welcome - thnx Garry - Screen shot

Error%20Messages

1 Like

So both are the same problem. To use world tracking you need arkit compatible devices. The pc zappar app is not and dont think it will be.
On apple devices I think you need iOS 11 or higher. The AR kit is part of the iOS.
As for Android there is a ARkit list. You may want to google ARkit to see. I think my Samsung Galaxy s7 is the oldest you can go.

Steve

1 Like

Thank you for the response Steve.
So the “World Trackings” zappar example is for OS devices only. Since they are the only ARKit devices?

It doesnt work with ARCore devices?

Cheers
Garry

Sorry I forgot that there where 2 names. ARkit for apple and ARcore for android.
Here is a link with more info.
[Device not compatible with Word Tracking](http://Device not compatible with Word Tracking)

Steve

Thanks Steve. If possible can you resend the link to the devices and compatible with World Tracking?
To use of the World Tracking zap-code - the user needs to already have ARKit (OS) or ARCore (Android) installed on their end user device ?

If so, how do we know they have have it installed - is there only the “Unfortunately your device does not support world tracking” error message. - thanks for guidance
Garry

Sorry didn’t see that it didn’t work.
https://forum.zap.works/t/device-not-compatible-with-word-tracking/3487/3?u=stevesanerd

This demo you are testing does have a prompt to install it if it’s not installed.

Steve

1 Like