Where is the Symbol Definitions Panel?

I am reading the tutorials trying to create a selfie feature. It says I need to select a 3D Photo Feature Symbol from the Symbol Definitions panel, however when I start from a blank project, I have no such Symbol Definitions Panel. How do I make it appear?

Hi Carla,

Could you send us the following so we can take a further look?

• A screenshot of Studio with the Symbol Definitions panel missing.
  • A screenshot of the ‘About ZapWorks Studio’ window, this is accessed via the file or ZapWorks Studio menu in the top left depending on platform.
  • Details of your computer and operating system (E.g. Windows 7)

Thanks

Mark

Hi Mark,

After poking at it for a bit it appeared. I’ll try to recreate the incident and send you screenshots. I was working on Windows10 - 64bit. It was the first launch of the Studio application and I started with a Blank Project. Later when I opened a sample project instead, the panel appeared, and it’s been visible since even in blank projects. I’ll try to reinstall the program and see if it happens again.

Hi Carla,

Thanks for getting back to us. Glad to hear it seems to be working for now. Any screenshots you can send plus your computer specs would be really helpful!

Best,
Daniel

Hi Daniel, I have the same problem that Carla, I download the studio but don’t appears the Symbol Definitions panel, please help me.
check the next videohttps://zapworksforumuploads.s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/original/1X/26f5c75d2b57be78ced712a2257098e24cd1a402.mp4

my computer is a core I3 of 64bits with windows 10 and 6 RAM

Hey guys,

For anyone experiencing this issue (we believe it is only affecting certain Windows machines) if you close down Studio and then re-open it, specifically reopening your project, then the symbol definitions panel should reappear.

This issue should be fixed in an upcoming release of Studio, apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Mark

had the same issue. when starting new project after launching studio, the Symbol Definitions Panel is absent. Found if you open a sample project that has the panel open, then switch back to your new project, the panel stays open.

Running Windows 8.1, x64