Web.zappar but it's not unlocking to launch AR,

Issue:
Trying to launch web.zappar but it’s not unlocking to launch AR, it worked yesterday and the day before but it seems it’s just hanging after the the QR code is scanned, it goes to the prompt screen “launch” on web.zappar and it freezes.

Affecting:

Viewing AR experiences.
Workaround:

Have the same trouble for a few days and no info from support. Does anyone knows what to do with that?

I am running into this now. I have console log from my Android I can share with support. I would try my account “Contact Us”, but last 2 messages I sent on Monday have had no response.

What may appear to be the issue I am seeing are missing manifest and other xml files it is trying to download. It was working earlier today and works in the Zappar app, but all browser access is failing.

zclient-wasm.js:2 I/O warning : failed to load external entity "/preload/manifest.xml"
zclient-wasm.js:2 I/O warning : failed to load external entity "/zapid[edited].xml"

Console reports it loads fine, but fails.
EVAL: zappar._ui.onLoadingProgress(100);
ui_impl:19 Progress 100

-Eric

Hi @eric.craft,

Sorry to hear you haven’t received our responses. We did get back to both but might have got lost in the pipeline somewhere. Could you check junk mail?

In regards to this query, it’s most likely something in the experience that’s causing the crash. Possibly something unsupported by the browser you are using. Could you send across the ZPP Studio project to support@zappar.com, so we can take a look and do some testing?

George

@George I will collect that and send it over as soon as possible. Thanks for the quick response here.

-Eric

2 Likes

@George emails and link sent to support. I also just added the log file from my arweb session in Chrome on my OnePlus 8T to the share.

The issue effects multiple browsers and platforms (Android Chrome, Android Brave, iOS Safari). Chrome tested on OnePlus 8T and Pixel 5.

Thanks,
-Eric

1 Like

So the issue appears to the the Stars-ready script. Something related to being triggered by .on(“ready”) code.

parent.on(“ready”, () => {
// Runs when ready occurs on the parent node
var stars = parent.children();
stars.forEach((obj:any) => {
var rndm = Math.floor(Math.random() * 5000);
obj.controllers.StarAnim.elements.anim.time(rndm);
obj.controllers.StarAnim.elements.anim.play();
});
});
[/quote]

Replaced it with the image target .one(“seen”); and it works.

TrainImage.one(“seen”, () => {
// Runs when ready occurs on the parent node
var stars = parent.children();
stars.forEach((obj:any) => {
var rndm = Math.floor(Math.random() * 5000);
obj.controllers.StarAnim.elements.anim.time(rndm);
obj.controllers.StarAnim.elements.anim.play();
});
});

EDIT: too much self conversation.
So the issue appears to be some of the parent.children not having the StarAnim controller or something related to that. Since there is no error reporting it not exactly sure the problem.

Tagging the Stars and using byTag to get them appears to resolve the issue.

Now, why does it lock up WebAR, but work fine in the Zappar App?