Video Recorder

Hi, I am new to zap works studio, is their video recording option inside zapper app, thank you.

3 Likes

Hello @vinod,

Yeah, there’s a function for this and it’s called Z.VideoRecorder as you can see in the last release notes:

https://docs.zap.works/studio/advanced/release-notes/

I suggest you to create a var like this:

var record = Z.videoRecorder();`

So you can explore its features like:

record.start();
record.save();
record.captureAudio(false);
record.share();

(Because this function don’t have a documentation yet but it’s working)

Hope this helps you.

att, Higão.

2 Likes

thank you. is this for recording a video.

2 Likes

np :smiley: Hope it works

2 Likes

Ok ill check.

2 Likes

Tried this doesn’t work

2 Likes

How did I miss this!! Wow!! @higor
Here is a small test file.
video recorder.zpp (3.7 KB)

Steve

3 Likes

It did work for me @stevesanerd , Thank you! but I was thinking if we can have the option to make the buttons not visible in the final output :slight_smile: that would be very awesome!

2 Likes

Yea. I’m thinking of making a better plug in.
One with a time limit on the recording. Or a tap the screen to stop.

Steve

4 Likes

Yes that’s Perfect!!! Thank You so Much!

2 Likes

Ha, no worries @stevesanerd,

I think it’s because this function isn’t doc yet. Almost passed by me too : P

About the button option @gapizabala, I never find a way to do it. I think this function works as the gif function that you can’t hide the HUD because the Zappar’s printing the screen know.

If you guys discover, let me know because I’m interessed in this since the att too!

att, Higão.

2 Likes

Hi @higor, some have done it, but i don’t how that person did it. i just fount this zap here in forum

88708ab7104a2d5fb372fd88bc1c344fec793222_2_500x500

4 Likes

Hey guys,

Video recording is something that is in Studio but is undocumented. It hasn’t been documented as we are still playing around with the correct implementation.

As you guys have sneakily found that it exists, I have attached an example ZPP which should help you understand the sort of things that can be done with it.

We will be looking at improving and making this into an easy to use subsymbol, but for the time being,
you can download it here: Photo Video Button.zpp (2.3 MB)

You may want to include some error handling edits and other features, but it’s a great place to start! We would love to see the experiences you add this into, even if it is just practice and messing around.

Enjoy.

George

6 Likes

Thanks George!!
I wish I would have seen this back when I was working on the Sipsmith. I so wanted to add a video to my face paint. But did not because apple devices couldn’t save it.

Steve

2 Likes

As you guys have sneakily found that it exists

It’s actually in the release notes George :smile:

3 Likes

It’s some great detective work @marcus . :wink:

1 Like

Hi @George
This feature (video capturing) is an important feature for the face tracking,I wish we have that as soon as possible.
Regards
Miri

3 Likes

That was what I was thinking as well.
But now we have it. Time to play.

Steve

1 Like

Thank you very Much!!! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’ve been exploring again this one, is there a way that the video record can also record audio? :slight_smile:
Thank you so much @George :blush:

1 Like