Video Player Symbol - Expand to fullscreen and back

Hello all - I’ve searched the forums and couldn’t find an answer for what I’m trying to do.

I’ve got a video symbol in the AR experience playing a video from my Amazon s3. Works great.
The client wants to have the ability to tap an icon to enlarge the video to full screen, and once in fullscreen have the ability to go back to the AR video.

My questions are:

1. What is the action (code) for making a video go full screen from the video symbol?
  2. Once fullscreen can I have a “close” icon on on the video to go back to regular AR mode?
  3. Can all this be done without interrupting the playback of the video, or restarting when you switch to fullscreen and back?

Please let me know if there’s a solution for this.

Thank you!

Wil

I was given this some time ago. It’s a fake full screen video Subsymbol.
Hope it helps.

Steve

FFSvideoPlayer.zpp (562.6 KB)

1 Like

Thank you! I’ll check it out.

Hey I have another questions for you.
I have a billboard effect on some puffy white clouds that are basically a 2d plane. Works great in landscape mode, but in portrait they are rotated the wrong way

I’ve tried using the accelerometer to rotate the clouds 90 when going into portrait mode but it has no impact at all. Any suggestions?

If you followed the doc at Billboarding around the Z-axis info then I would change the orientation controller for each Landscape and portrait. In them add rotate for the billboard group to the 90 for Landscape and portrait to 0.

Let me know if that works
Steve

Man I’m racking my brain around this and still can’t get it to work. Can you take a look at it if I send you my file?

Yea. I’m going to be running around today so I my not get to look at it till tonight.

Steve

Hi Steve, i used your sub symbol, it is great but i have some problem when playing fullscreen in landscape mode in AR… the video resize a first time and a second and becomes smaller than in portrait mode… any suggestion?
Regards
Luca

I didn’t make it. I think I got it from one the Zappar guys that left some time ago.
I was going to use it soon in a project I’m working on now so I’ll try to take a look at it soon.

Steve

1 Like