We’re in the middle of a campaign right now and we’re suddenly having issues with delivering video-content to Android phones. iOS seems to work fine.
- Cleared the cache of both Android and iOS devices as a start; that didn’t change anything (including trying a first-time install of the Zappar-app on both Android and iOS; same issue)
- The Zappar-project gets loaded on an Android phone (UI, overlays etc… are working)
- Video shows loading-icon and after 3-4 seconds the loading-icon is gone. Nothing happens. The video is black. No audio, no video.
I’ve tried the following
- It probably has something to do with the server the video URL is set to. We’ve made the domain the video is on secure (http --> https) last month. The original project video URL is still referring to http://www… But when setting the URL in ZapWorks Studio to https://www… and previewing the project nothing changes; the video is still black.
- When uploading the video to a different (private) webserver without https-connection though, the video is working in preview mode on Android and iOS. Sadly hosting the video-content on a different server isn’t the solution.
Does anybody have an idea what this can be? It has something to do with Android vs. iOS and probably with the https-connection we’ve added to the server. It still is strange that it only seems to affect Android and not iOS.
Thanks in advance.