Video material on imported object

I am trying to figure out how to put a video texture on an imported object from Blender. It is only allowing me to add video texture to studios own plane. How do I do this?

Hi Kalan,

Here’s an example of this in action: Textured Bolt 3D Model w video assigned.zpp (1.2 MB)

If you head into the model subysmbol, you can see that the video is assigned to the material property of the model.

There’s also a script in the parent symbol showing how the video inside the subsymbol can be played on a button tap.

Hope this helps.

George

3 Likes

Thank you. That worked. The orientation caught me off guard but I think it will work with what we are doing.

2 Likes

Is there a similar script that can pause at the end of the video so it doesn’t go to black?

1 Like

Hi @kalanperkins,

We have a full reference for scripting videos in ZapWorks Studio here - https://docs.zap.works/studio/scripting/reference/video/ - so you can definitely get the time of the video and then pause() it when you would like!

Have a great day!
Francesca :blush:

Thank you for all your help. The project is working great with all the functionality we wanted. One catch that I find very odd is that when using an IOS, the audio is auto-muted. The user needs to unmute the video to hear it. It doesn’t do that for android.

1 Like

Hi @kalanperkins,

I believe I answered your support ticket, but just in case this helps somebody:

Some browsers require ‘user-initiated’ actions in order to do things like accept permissions or play media - Safari especially. This is mostly for privacy reasons. The ‘Launch’ button on the splash screen usually does a pretty good job of this, though sometimes Safari expects a button or user interaction for each video.

There are a couple of ways of over coming this factor - the first method we highly recommend if possible, especially if you are playing a couple of videos in a standard way (e.g. playing the video on a plane or using the video player subsymbol). For this method, you use the one plane or subsymbol and switch the video plane/player’s source property depending on the state. This way, Safari is tricked into thinking that there is only ever one video, since there is technically only one player.

If this is trickier to do, I’d recommend having a look here for more options:

Have a great day!
Francesca :blush:

1 Like