Video and tracking problem

videoProblem.zpp

I couldn’t upload a file directly, so I used WeTransfer. The problem is that when I have a videosymbol under a tracking image, 1 of 2 things happen: Either the video starts small with a black screen then stretches over the tracking, or it starts bigger than the tracking and shrink to fit the tracking. On this example you can see that the video starts fitting the tracking with a black screen but suddenly it stretches over the tracking.

How can I always keep the video within the tracking image’s borders? Why does this scaling/shrinking happens and how do I get rid of it? On the real experience I have to deliver to a client, I have the opposite problem. That initial loading black screen goes over the tracking image and then shrinks. It’s fast but you can see it and it breaks the experience.

Thank you for your time.

Hi @marcus,

Apologies for the late reply.

When playing a video, the video needs to buffer to load the data. This is what is happening when you see the black screen you mentioned.

Additionally, when a video is played, it is automatically rescaled to its original aspect ratio, to avoid any distortion. The best way to make the video fit the tracking image is to export it with an aspect ratio and dimensions that fit the tracking image’s dimensions.

Hope this helps. If you run into any other issues please let us know.

All the best,
Seb

1 Like