UniversalAR + Unity WebGL not working

So I had gotten UniversalAR + Unity to work, with a lot of trial and error. And now it’s simply not working anymore. I deleted the project, created a new one. Imported the UAR package, the example package. The 3d model that is supposed to show up on the tracking is not showing anymore. I point the camera at the tracking and nothing happens. No idea why ;_;. Anyone ever had this problem? Also if you click on Zappar Image Tracker you get an error and you need to close Unity and open again, otherwise you’re not able to build(EntryPointNotFoundException):

I’m using Unity 2019 .4.15f1. Unity 2020 won’t even build, it throws lots of errors even if I select the zappar2020 template.

I’m building for WebGL, and I selected the zappar template, no compression.

Hi @marks,

We have updated the unity examples, would you mind giving them another try?
You can find the GitHub repository here :slight_smile:

Deim

deimantas Ok I will try! Did you update them for Unity 2020 as well? It wasn’t even compiling with Unity 2020. I’d rather use Unity 2020 than 2019, if that’s possible.

@Deim It didn’t work, at least not on Unity 2019.4.15f1. I ran the image tracking 3d animation example scene. This time the image tracking showed up, perpendicular to the actual tracking and not parallel to it for some reason, and the 3d model still did not show up. Take a look:

EDIT
Simply rotating the Zappar Image Tracker to 90 on the x axis does not fix the problem. Even though on the editor the image overlay rotates, after publishing it still appears perpendicular to the actual tracking.

EDIT
I fixed both problems by placing the 3d model inside the ZapparImage Tracker gameobject, and then creating a child(ZapparImageTrackerStuff), placing everything inside and rotating 90 degrees on the x axis(the ZapparImageTrackerStuff not Zappar Image Tracker):
But please fix the example. It should work out of the box with no changes, please. Don’t know if this is the best way to fix the problem, either. But it worked.

Just an update, the new examples don’t work with Unity 2020. When I open the project with Unity 2020, I get this:

Then when I try to build, I get this(with the Zappar2020 template selected):

This is all just with Unity 2020, it builds fine with 2019, but there are still issues mentioned on the previous reply.

There are still bugs:

1. When tracking the image, the model does not face me, it faces the opposite direction.
  2. When the experience starts before pointing at the tracking, you can see the parts of the model on the sides of the screen. This is a new bug, this didn’t happen before
  3. When no longer tracking, the model doesn’t disappear, neither does the tracking overlay. It’s like when on zapworks studio you don’t configure the notseen event.

Now the 3D model is not showing…oh man ;_;

It still not working. The example was almost perfect and now it’s unusable because the model doesn’t show up.