Unable to add .MOV file in studio

Hello. According to this this .MOV video formats are supported but i’m having trouble adding one into my project. And im getting this error message :

mov%20not%20uploading

Make sure the file meets the under 500 MB, and shorter than 10 minutes.
If it does I have had bad files. They work on a player but wont in ZapWorks.
Try resaving the file and then adding it.

Steve

Trouble with MOV files is they’re video container files - they can contain all sorts of different kinds of video, from super-high quality (and large) uncompressed ones good enough for broadcast, through to tiny highly-compressed ones perfect for phones. But there’s no way to tell just from the file’s name / extension.

It’s hard to say what the problem with your file is without seeing it, but as a general rule it’d be worth making sure it’s compressed for web use before anything else. If it’s taking more than around 1MB per second of content you probably need to compress it more. QuickTime Player will do this (File > Export As… and choose 720P or 480P) though you may have better apps on your machine (Adobe Media Encoder / Compressor / Handbrake / ffmpeg)

MOV files are incredibly flexible in what they contain but that can be a blessing and a curse :slight_smile:

@howiemnet @stevesanerd thank you for the insight. But i’ve not been able to import any mov files. So we’ll have to try and communicate with our client on how to prepare the alpha video, it’s a challenge.

You could also send the mov file to the zappar guys and ask them why it’s not working.
Sent it to there support@zappar.com

Steve

Okay. Thank you.

1 Like