Trying to Read License Plate - No Luck

I’m only a few hours into ZapWorks. I’m on the free trial product. Not a programmer but can generally figure out my way around new software. For my first project, I’m trying to use Designer to scan a license plate on a vehicle and then play a video. I’ve done everything that is recommended in the training video “ZapWorks Designer: Bringing Images to Life with Video” with Daniel Hartz…at least 4 times. Step by step. Everything works fine on the preview code, and when I print it out and scan off a piece of paper when I use the Zappar App. I’ve even successfully added buttons. But I can’t for the life of me get it to work on the actual license plate. Any ideas on that? Anyone?

Hi Steve,

Thanks for getting in touch.

As your licence plate most likely does not have a zapcode/ QR code to help users activate your AR content, along with the licence plate being simple in design and having a reflective surface, your content may struggle to track to it.

I’d recommend you take a look at our Tracking images best practices article for more information on improving your tracking image.

Hope this helps, and let us know if you have any other questions.

All the best,
Bob