display_hidden.reset();

// Move to the shown state
display_shown.activate();

// Start the video
Subtitles_mp4.start();

}

1 Like

Hello @technology, hope you’ve been well,

First I’ve to say that to make your code work properly, all you got to do is put a “}” in the last line, as the print:

Also, I don’t know if is the forum or is you who want that your code have this issues but you are repeating functions (parent_show is a function and appears two times in the code), also you are repeating events (“show” is an event and either appears two times in the code). Isn’t a very good pratice has two equal events, functions, vars and etc. Your code could be done in just one, as in the print:

It’ll works properly with just one event and one function. One final thing is:

(In yellow is a part of a function block, in rose is other function block and the arrows means that the sequel thing is a function)

If you just put the “}” in the final of your code, all you’re doin’ is telling to JS that you have a function into other fuction with an event into other event. This is a very bad way to make the way to everything works fine.

Well, I hope everything works now and if you’ve any other question just give a shout. Also, I hope that you understand everything I’ve told you, if don’t tell me.

P.S.: How I said, I didn’t know if was the forum or was proposital but was just some lil’ things that I noticed.

att, Higão.

2 Likes

Thanks a lot, I don’t know a whole lot about coding so most of it makes no sense to me - however I am willing to learn and what you’ve said makes sense. I will try it out in my scene this morning and let you know how it goes.

Many thanks

1 Like

Oh, I didn’t know about this. I just noticed because in your other post, the same thing happend (about repeating). Here in these links you can have some good references about typescript and javascript:

JS - https://www.w3schools.com/js/default.asp

Typescript - https://www.typescriptlang.org/docs/handbook/typescript-in-5-minutes.html

These sites works very good for me to take references, try new things and learn a bit here or there. Well.

att, Higão.