Trouble with 3D model

Hi @stevesanerd

We want to execute an AR project that is a 3D model of hair style, we upload it from Sketchfab to Zapwork studio,but the hair appears abnormal,we want that the hair appears natural like the 3 D model appears in Sketchfab. please let me know what should we do?

Best regards

photo_2019-12-18_10-20-33

hair

I see what you mean. I download it to blender and I still have problems seeing it right.
This one may need someone with more knowledge than me about models.

Steve

1 Like

Thanks @stevesanerd
I received this response from George but I couldn’t solve the problem,can this help you?

Best regards
Miri

Hi Miri,

​

Hope you’re well.

The problem with downloading 3D models directly from SketchFab is that they are not created specifically to be used in Studio, which is why you might see some errors with the mesh’s/material assignment.

You can try going into the 3D model subsymbol and playing around with the material properties to see if you can fix the transparency issues. Alternatively you could put the model into a 3D modeling software and clean it up. Then follow our 3D model documentation to export it with the correct setup for Studio.

George

I dont do alot with modeling. I’ll take a look and let you know.

Steve

1 Like

I can have a look for you. We do 3D stuff here so please send me file if you like and I will check and come back to you.
I will be writing some articles about the use of 3D for AR some time in the next month explaining some of the constrains and model preparation for AR.
We always redo 80% of any ready made models.
Regards.
Milenne

3 Likes

Thanks Milenne!!
I was going to ask you next :wink:

Steve

2 Likes

Thanks Steve. Just ask anytime. It looks like this is only a texture problem or normals… but until I see the file I won’t be able to tell

2 Likes

Hi Milenne (@digitalpopups) and very thanks @stevesanerd
I hope you are well and happy new year.
This is the file.

Thanks
Miri

angelica.zip (30.1 MB)

1 Like

Thanks for sending the files.
I had a look and the hair was done with several flat strings distorted. Please see the attached images. Although it looks fine in Sketchfab, it is an absolute mess with many normals flipped and meshes intersecting and also the UVs are overlapping (for the texture information). This hair as it has been done will not work.
The hair needs to be remodelled as one piece geometry and apply normal textures.
(I really want to do my 3D assets video as this is a common problem especially with files created by 3D scanning and other methods that are not for games creation really.)

The eyelashes were done using the same method but because they are only a few with their UVs nicely laid out then they are ok to use
. So what we want is to have one mesh like the head and then textures applied to it.
The model is very high-res which may impact performance but you could get away it for now with the head, but that hair is a no-no.

What we do here with high poly meshes, we use a technique called re-topology where we create a low res mesh based and use the high res to bake normal textures which is a texture that looks like the high res but it is an image map. This method is well known in games design.

However, if you want to do just the hair that need to be done from scratch really.
If you like us to help we provide this service here so just let me know or maybe purchase another model. Hair is a complex thing to make it look real.
I am attaching the model without the hair for you so at least you have the head if you need.

Kind Regards
Milenne53 36 20 33 24
AngelikaHead.zip (5.7 MB)

3 Likes

Hi Milenne (@digitalpopups)
Thanks for your clarification.
Please let me know could you please introduce any models in Sketchfab work and we can have the natural hair like this image?

Please let me know about the money as you said if you want to do this?

Best regards
Miri

1 Like

Dear Miri.
Realistic hair can be quite complex but let me do a couple of tests tonight using some of my techniques here and I will come back to you tomorrow ;-).
Regards
Milenne

2 Likes

Thanks Milenne (@digitalpopups)

1 Like

Love the red hair :grin:

Steve

1 Like

@stevesanerd

:grin:

1 Like

Dear Miri. Could you please pass me your email ?
Thanks
Regards
Milenne

2 Likes

Hi Milenne (@digitalpopups)

Thanks for your email,this is my email:

iracanvet@gmail.com

Best regards

Miri

1 Like

thank you. just sent you an email

2 Likes