Target manipulator and buttons

Hello zapping people. How can I have a target manipulator to manipulate a 3D object and have buttons on it that activate animations?

What I mean is to have both… the user can rotate the object around and then tap certain areas for more content? Thank you for your help.
Milenne

1 Like

Like the skateboard you can rotate and explodes and goes back together?

I would set your buttons to z.screen and then hot spots to the model.

Steve

1 Like

Thanks Steve. I will try that!! ;-)…
Eeerrrr. I am doing this Steve, not sure if I understand what you mean. I have placed a hotspot on the model… and a button set to zscreen…
Where do I put the buttons? On top of the hotspots?

1 Like

The button disappears when I put relative zscreen.

Is this what your looking for?
The White bar is a slider.

Steve
Target manipulator and buttons.zpp (995.4 KB)

1 Like

Oh I see. You did the manipulator in a slider! That is a good solution. I was thinking about the manipulator on the actual object. So yes I can use a slider. ;-). Thanks Steve, that is great!

1 Like

Just remember if you have a manipulator on the object make sure it doesn’t cover the hotspots.

Steve

1 Like

This is great! Is it possible to get the object to move forward in the direction it’s pointing? I’ve been unsuccessful in my attempts.

Import the 3D object into your AR development platform, add a target manipulator script to enable object manipulation through touch or gestures, create interactive buttons as child objects or overlay UI elements on the 3D model, attach animation triggers or event handlers to the buttons, implement event handling logic to detect button taps, associate animations with the button taps using the platform’s animation system, and thoroughly test and refine the AR experience to ensure smooth interaction and animation triggering.