Starting to think that World Tracker is broken

Hello, all. I have a student I sold on the idea of doing a model that relies on World Tracking. However, now that he’s trying to apply it, there are two problems:
a. the “ground” of the world if at about waist level, not the actual ground.
b. the ground “floats” after it is set. It does not in fact track the world.

Moving the object below the level of the “ground marking dots” does nothing.

I am using an iPhone 7plus and an iPad 6 on different floor surfaces and in different places. It happens with different experiences. Please help if you can!

I don’t think the ipad 6 can as for the iphone 7 Plus make sure your iOS is 11 or newer.

Also use the demo one in zapworks for testing first.

Steve

Thanks Steve! I can always count on your for a quick answer. Appreciated.

So, the woes continue. Updated phone to latest version of 13. It is a 7 plus which has ARkit. World tracking has worked before reliably and well!

Uninstalled and reinstalled both the Zappar app and Zapworks Studio on my Mac.

Create a file using ONLY the out of box world tracker with only a plane right on top of the floor level . Same results: Plane is at about waist height and follows me around the room after placement. VERY frustrating for my student and for me, as I was the one who sold him on the idea.

Tried our ghost game that used world tracking and which has worked no problem since we finished it. Now it floats at waist height and follows me around too. This suggests the the ZAPPAR app is the problem.

It gets worse and worse! World tracking that did work on old project now does not work.

Also it doesn’t work on any device I have that support ARKit, regardless of iOS installed, or in different rooms, or with bare bones experiences.

The floor is at waist height EVEN IF I artificially lower it below the level of the “floor mapping icon” in World Tracker. That’s the mystery.

And of course the fact that everything floats around and follows me kind of makes a mockery of the idea of World Tracker.

It can’t be that I’m the only one! World Tracker seems to be broken!

One question, where you are trying to place you ground plain (the floor) is it all one color or same pattern flooring?

I found I had to have a floor that was colored with different patterns like with a rug on it. The best place I ever got to work was outside.

Steve

I’ve tried it a few different places: carpeted, tiled, plain concrete. My big concern is that the old experience which used to work like a charm in any environment, is now also floating.

It’s honestly the establishment of the world at waist height that’s more concerning, but both are a worry.

Thanks Steve, again for replying. It’s really frustrating.

1 Like