Slow performance

Hi -
Upon the scan of my marker, there is about a 10 sec delay before my video starts. I do not have any transition delays set and seems like just a general performance issue on load. Any thoughts?

Are you using the video player symbol?
If your video is hosted and a large size it may take a bit to download and start playing.

Steve

1 Like

Thanks for the response. I built it in designer, so just used the video attribute and then uploaded a 7 sec MP4 vid which is about 5mb.

Is the video player symbol just in studio, or is that something in designer as well?
Thanks,
Brian

the 5mb slower video is a converted mov to MP4. I also have another test project with a 178 mb .M4v video that plays nearly immediately. Perhaps something to do with file type?

Sorry yes the video player is in Studio. I would change you file type. I read that there is something going on with video compression so maybe it is because of your file type.

Steve

Any recommendations for utilities to covert file types? I tried a couple free ones and the audio and video get misaligned. I can covert mov to mp4 though the built in photos / video app in windows but not sure the best route to get to other preferred file types.
Thanks,
Brian

I would assume Mp4 would be a preferred file type, but is there another format that is preferred? this is quite a small file so would assume it would be rather quick - is there anything in the marker / image itself that could be causing slow performance or once it is scanned and unlocked, it is server side at that point?

Hi there,

Could you please contact us at support@zappar.com so we can have a further look at what’s causing your experience to take a while to activate?

Hope to hear from you,
Bob