Sipsmith Competiton Entry requirements
Use the Sipsmith brand as the theme for the experience
Incorporate some form of world tracked or face tracked experience
Include some level of interactivity for the end user
Be relevant to Sipsmith’s target audience
Be a commercially viable experience - I.e of professional quality, reflective of the
Sipsmith audience and their values, and easily activated and experienced off Sipsmith’s bottlenecks
Include additional concepts and required assets if given
Be built in ZapWorks Studio
Incorporate an age gate function at the start of the experience to ensure users are over 18
Include copyright material or assets not owned by Sipsmith
Misuse the Sipsmith brand in any shape or form
Stray too far away from the branded assets provided
Break advertising standard guidelines for marketing of alcoholic beverages
NB: Entrants should be willing to travel to the Sipsmith distillery in Chiswick, London to complete the experience alongside the Sipsmith team.
Criteria for judging
Submissions will be judged on the quality of the entry and how skillfully the entrant researches and brings the Sipsmith brand to life. The winning entry will be the one that showcases both creative flair and technical ability.
You will not need to submit a fully-formed experience to qualify. For the purpose of the initial round of judging, your project will just need to showcase the key features of your AR experience - you are welcome to use concepts, wireframes and explanatory text to showcase how your experience would progress, given additional time and support from Zappar and Sipsmith.
Your submission will be judged on:
- A well-defined vision for your AR experience - this does not need to be feature-complete and can include concept work to demonstrate how your work would progress with access to additional time and support
- The transition between the target image (bottleneck tie) and the environment - world tracked, face tracked or 360 Gryo
- UX - how well is the experience signposted?
- UI - how well are UI elements designed?
- How well the experience tells the Sipsmith brand story (hint do your research into the brand)
- Entertainment value
- Educational value
- Complexity - how far it pushes the ZapWorks feature set
- Polish - SFX, nice animations, target events
- Context - demonstrating that the scanning environment of the user is taken into account
- Assets - the quality of 3D models, 2D images, UI and 360 environments
Bonus points for:
- Create multiple scenes or environments that the end user can switch between
- Showcasing the Sipsmith brand in a unique or innovative way
- Adding tappable hotspots to display additional information
- Social share functionality
- Documenting your progress in a WIP (Work In Progress) topic on the ZapWorks forum
Your creations will be judged and critiqued by an assortment of industry professionals from Zappar, Sipsmith and the creative community.
The promoter of this competition is Zappar Limited (“Zappar”). Our correspondence address is Barley Mow Centre, 10 Barley Mow Passage, London W4 4PH. By entering the competition, entrants agree to be bound by these terms & conditions. READ ALL T&C’S
ZapWorks Sipsmith AR Creators Competition Competition DOWNLOAD SIPSMITH COMPETITION ASSET PACK
Edit: Download 360 video
Discover where to source additional assets for your competition entry. RESOURCES