Select part easy?

I have a 3d model with a lot of parts. I know my naming of the parts could be better but I just wonder. Is there a way to easy select a part I want to change color/proporties on? I cant click on the 3D part and have it selected?. I have gone trough all parts manually and I cant figure out one part/material it is i should adjust.
Is there a simple way to just click select or similar, Maybe hide parts or something in the material dropdown.

1 Like

Hi @peter,

Have you tried selecting on the object directly in the scene? One of our newest updates to Studio (6.2.8) allows direct object selection from within the viewport.

Object%20Selection

Hiding selected nodes (parts) from the Hierarchy is a great feature request, I will pass it on to our development team! :grinning:

Hope this helps.

George

2 Likes

How do you select the parts? It looks like you are selecting different. models.
I have a quite complex model, with 25 parts inside of it. that have different colors and textures. I can’t click select those parts inside of that model.
If you get what Im trying to explain :slight_smile:

Hi @peter,

I must have misunderstood!

Do you mean the actual model is made up of multiple mesh’s yet imported to Studio together?

or

The model has been imported as separate mesh’s and is being positioned together in Studio? (images may help explain which one you have :slight_smile: )

Studio is developed for all 3D model creation and editing to be done using external software and then imported. Simple positioning, scaling and rotating, as well as activating animations is all that should be done within Studio.

Hope this helps.

George

I guess you would say its multiple mesh imported together as one. you know like a computer mouse, shell, buttons, scrollwheel and so on.

It’s just timeconsuming to select and change settings for the Model, becouse I can only click in the entire model/mouse not its parts.

Hi @peter,

As mentioned previously, Studio is a platform where 3D models created in an external software can be imported and then be simply positioned, scaled and rotated.

If you would like all the individual meshes to be selectable then you would have to import all the meshes as their own separate models and position them in a scene so they seem like one.

Hope this helps.

George