Screenshot (or animation) of Zapper experience and social sharing

How can I make it so people can take a screenshot (or gif / video) of my Zapper experience and share it via social media such as Twitter or Facebook?

Is there a tutorial or some advice someone can give me for this?

Thank you.

Also, is there a way to turn off the flip camera option on the main device options?

Because when the camera is flipped, tracked images don’t work anymore - because most cameras have mirrored rear cameras.

Also, I will say I know how to make it take a screenshot and ‘share it’ but the only options available appear to be email, watsapp, etc.

There must be a way to make twitter and facebook etc. options too?

Thanks

Hi There,

Allow me to answer your questions:

Disabling the camera switch option - Unfortunately this is not currently possible, it’s built-in to the UI in order to allow for people to take selfies etc. Most of the time we don’t find a user will switch to the front facing camera unless instructed to do so in the experience, in which case we would add an in-experience button to flip the camera as well as the built-in one.

Share options - We rely on the native sharing functionality of the device, which in turn relies on the apps being installed to be able to be shared too. This means that the user will need to have the intended app installed on their device if it is to be shared too.

Thanks,
Mark

Is there any solution to fixing the fact that the tracker won’t work once the camera if flipped then?

Or at the very least, a way of trigger a script if the user switches to front facing camera using the device UI button.

My current solution would be to have both a normal and flipped image in the same tracker - and move everything parented to the tracker centred to the part currently viewable by the experience.

But as mentioned, there’s no way for the experience to know if the user has switched to front view to my knowledge / according to your docs.

There is a way to determine if the device is currently using the front or rear camera using the ‘frontcamera’ and ‘rearcamera’ events fired by the cameraManager.

This is a relatively new feature and as such has not been documented (or even fully implemented, autocomplete won’t pick it up) but you can see below for an example.

Z.CameraManager().on("frontcamera", () => {

});

Z.CameraManager().on("rearcamera", () => {

});

Hope this helps :slight_smile:

1 Like

An fantastic! Thank you!

For anyone else also trying to problem solve the fact front camera mirrors the view, so can’t read the tracker…

I recommend creating a tracker with both normal and mirrored images in the same .jpg or .png file. When front facing it’ll scan and position objects comparable to the mirrored version - when rear facing it’ll scan and position objects comparable to the non-mirrored version.

Using the above script, you can then re-position your objects / scene entered to the correct one.

1 Like