Screen Printed t-shirt

Hello, has anyone had any luck with screen printing a zap code on a t-shirt?

I had a shirt printed with the zap code and have not had any luck getting it to work. I have matched up the zap code on the t-shirt with one printed on paper and they match.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

2 Likes

Hi! We’ve certainly done some projects in-house with Zapcodes on t-shirts, such as our Royal T collaboration, so we’ve definitely had them work out well before:

One of our support team will be able to give you some pointers on best practice and the way we went about it, will make sure someone gets back in touch with you with some tips :).

1 Like

Thank you very much for sharing. Great Animated T-shirt.

I look forward to talking with the support team on this.

Have a great day!

1 Like

I used a T-shirt with a fairly large design and no zapcode and got great tracking. It’s a fun application!

1 Like

Hi @mecostanza,

Much like @james.wright kindly mentioned, we have projects in the past that have been printed on t-shirts.

As long as the target on the t-shirt abides by our key rules of what makes a good tracking image then all should work perfectly fine.

Please bear in mind that t-shirts can sometimes flap and overlap making the target image invalid and the tracking not work. What we would suggest is to have a not seen target state which either changes the assets in the scene to screen relative or gives a hint to straighten out the t-shirt and look back at the target. More information on how this can be achieved can be found on our Co-ordinate Systems documentation or at this forum post -

Please feel free to show us how the final version turns out by posting it on our show and tell page of the forum.

Hope this helps,
George

1 Like

Thank you very much! I will watch and read the documents! Have a great day and Thank you again for directing me forward!!

1 Like

Thank you!

No trouble at all @mecostanza, let us know how you get on!

Hi - I’m attempting to print a zapcode on a t-shirt as well, but it is not scanning.

mason

I’m curious is the placement too close to the other graphic / too small? Any other tips or tricks not covered above? The digital version works fine but curious what could have caused the issue between the digital version and printed.

Thanks!

Hi @bakke25951,

I’d recommend checking out our Advanced zapcode customization article to understand how a zapcode can be edited, while still being scannable.

The issue you are having is that the zapcode must be surrounded by a different color to the background of the bolts (bits).

We always recommend testing zapcodes and experiences multiple times before printing to material, just to make sure it all works correctly.

Hope this helps.

George

Hello, I had lots of issues at first with t-shirt prints. After lots of trial and errors, I found out that in my case I needed to print the zap code on the correct contrast color. This meaning, if the zap code was black and had a white background when created, then I had to use the same set up… a black zap code with white background. I solved this issue by printing on white t-shirts and also by having the screen printer print a white background for where the zap code would be printed on top of on colored t-shirts. I am sure there may be another way to achieve this, but this was my solution. I hope this helps. Best, Michael

1 Like

For printing the T-Shirts what printer I need? I already have the HP Designjet T520 printer can I print the T-shirt using this printer? If yes it will be very good for me because I don’t need to hire another printer. If anybody aware of this pleas reply to me.

The bolt looks backwards

Does anyone know if zip code will work after printing it on a t-shirt or anything else using a heat press?
For example this one.
I’m thinking about buying it for my small local brand, but I wanna be sure that zip code will work with it.