Screen Capture button using Javascript

I want to put a capturing button on my universal AR (WebAR) content.
I’m developing some a-frame contents.
Html2canvas can capture only html contents without AR view (it can’t capture AR experience).

Does anyone know how to put capturing button on the universal AR?
My content includes a video element.

I think the best way is 2D Photo Feature in Zapworks studio.
Can I put it in a universal AR content?

Hi @k_uchino!

I have responded directly to your support request, but for anybody else who may be interested in snapshotting/video recording capabilities for UAR, we have some amazing updates coming very soon!

We’re so excited to share new developments with you and we can’t wait to see what you come up with - make sure you keep an eye on the forum for more!

Fran

3 Likes

Hi Francesca,

Great! I’m really looking forward to it!
Thanks.

Kiyotaka

1 Like

Sounds great! My clients ask me about recording on WebAR on a daily basis. Do you have an ETA on when this will be announced / available?

we use three.js and “toDataURL”, you must run the function right after “render”:

renderer.render(scene, camera);
		    if(takeScreenshot){
		    	screenshot = renderer.domElement.toDataURL('image/jpeg',0.7);
		    	takeScreenshot = false;
		    	document.getElementById("takePictureHolder").setAttribute('src',screenshot);
		    	saveScreenshot();
		    }
1 Like

Thanks, r.liechti

Unfortunately I use A-Frame. But I was able to solve the problem.
Eventually I’ll try using Three.js as well.

1 Like

Hi everyone,

I wanted to give you a quick update because this feature is now available with our own package! :tada:

Here’s a link to the post for more info:

Thank you all so much for your passion concerning this feature - it’s something we’ve been asked about/requested for a lot and so we’re super excited to release it to you!

Hi, Francesca,

Sound Good!
I’ll try it soon!

1 Like