Rotating a group around a point

Hi there,

I’m a relatively new user and slowly refreshing my memory in all things code and am currently trying to rotate a group of images around the center point in the scene (0,0) much like one of the business card examples in one of the showcase videos. I was wondering if there was a specific tool that could do this quickly or if this effect was achieved through coding. If so would anybody be able to point me in the right direction? My coding skills are rusty.

Thanks in advance.

Hello,

Could you please send us a URL to the showcase experience you’re talking about? We’ll then be able to better understand the type of experience you’d like to build. :slight_smile:

Thank you,

Margaux

Hi,

The effect can be found in the following video at the 30 second mark when they are talking about the widgets tool.

Ideally I would like to recreate this effect in Zapworks Studios as I would like to include some 3D models standing on the “platforms” that are rotating around the centerpiece.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aILI6VhgUqc

Thanks,

StevenyJames

Hi again,

There isn’t any template project for that in Studio. You’ll need to build your own project.

To create an experience similar to Widgets within Studio, you can use:

• pointerdown scripts to trigger actions when the user taps on the content of your experience. I’d recommend that you take a look at the Creating Buttons article.

• a timeline to make the content of your experience rotate. Reading through the Timelines article should be useful.

I hope this helps but if you have any other questions, feel free to ask! :slight_smile:

Margaux