Recognition of Zappar

I am new to this whole thing and have a trial version. I built a very simple AR and previewed it with much delight that it actually worked! Then I published it and the Zappar App load with the scanning mode then nothing no experience is given. Looking at the recent view it states “unknown Zap”

How do I link the experience made in studio to an actual code to get an experience ??

Are you using your own zap code from your https://my.zap.works/ account?
The preview code only last for so long.
In studio when you publish you should see a list of your useable zap codes.
Pick the one you would like to use. then you need to scan that zapcode.

Steve

I used Zapworks to get the zap code, then after the experience was done (when I completed what I wanted) I previewed all looked good. Then I published assigning the zap code that was generated by Zapworks to the project. I printed the zap code out and nothing

Thanks Steve, and hey there,

I’d recommend that you check out our guide on Previewing and Publishing in Studio, and potentially check out our Getting Started series if you haven’t already. Make sure that you publish your project in Studio to a project that you’ve created on my.zap.works.

If you’re still having issues, could you please send us a screenshot of your zapcode so we can have a look?

Hope this helps,
Bob

1 Like

Bob and Steve, Thank you for your input, But I have viewed all the videos both on this site and YouTube and have done everything as cited in the videos. I made a zap code using ZapWorks which assigned a code to my project, then worked up an experience, placed it into the preview (which worked) then exported, then published. The program asked for which code to use (I had only one) and clicked on that code. Then after a few seconds the project was complete and I could see that the zap code was the same as the one I got from Zapworks. I printed the Zapcode out on a sheet of paper and tried the zap code and it sees it the yellow ring complete around the code but no experience is given.
If you need to loo at the file and/or the code let me know who and what address to email these to for evaluation.
Thx

I redid the entire experience with a different Zapcode and again works fine in preview but not independently as a zapcode off a piece of paper, the size of the code was 24 mm.

if you can upload your zpp file I can take a look at it.

Steve

do you have an email that I can send it to?

stevesanerd@gmail.com

Because I’m such a Nerd :rofl:
Steve

Let me know how stupid I was on this, it has to be something very simple that I am not seeing

Just sent your email back

Steve

Looking at it, which does not make sense

Ok do you have a printout of the bizcard your are using as a tracking image?
All I did was scan your red zapcode and looked at the bizcard tracing image.
It worked for me.

Steve

Let me ask this question. On the plane in ZapWorks I should import my biz card with the ZapCode? so that it sees it as a total embedded element?

Yes! you will need to replace the demo one with your zapcode.

Steve

So the Zap code is part of the document and the document with the code starts the AR expirence? So that is why on other AR you need the target which is in this case the BizCard document

So Zappar like to use tracking images. The experience is tracked to this image. Gives you the 3d look. The zapcode is your ID number to unlock your experience.

In the code you sent me the demo zapcode was part of the tracking image. It still works but if someone scanned the demo zapcode they would never get to your experience.

Steve

sorry still nothing No experience with the new biz card as the background

This is what I get.

Steve

I don’t know what I am doing wrong, I am going to start over, Nothing comes up for me
Thanks for the help