Problems installing android beta?

I’ve seen a few reports in Kickstarter comments of people having problems accessing the android beta, eg:

Ben C
Hey the android download doesn’t work! it says item not found when i go through the link!

and

Steve morrison
Hay Ben C. I got the same thing. After you are a developer just go to play store and search for zapbox. It came up for me and installed.

If anyone else is seeing this can you post a bit more info so we can try and get to the bottom of it? Which link is it that is not working, the one to let you opt-in to testing https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.zappar.zapbox or the “download it on Google Play” link from that page?

I think you’ll need to opt-in to testing first before clicking the download link, as the listing is probably only available to those on the beta testing list, and we have never released a public production version of the app. You probably also need to do this process on your phone that has Google Play set-up for the same email address that you provided in the survey.

If those things are true and you’re still having problems then feel free to post a bit more info so we can figure out what’s going on and help improve the instructions for future users.

Thanks!

If you get through the opt-in page and onto the store page but get a message that the device isn’t compatible, we’d be interested to know about that too.

We’ve had one report via Kickstarter about the Redmi Mi Max which I suspect is due to the large screen size (we’ve flagged the app as not supporting tablets). We’ll remove that restriction when we next update the app. Interested to hear about any other issues.

Same problem with Phab2Pro, device isn’t compatible.
It has a 6’4 screen, probably this is why.

any news on when the app will support phablets?

The next version won’t have that flag set. We’re aiming to get that out next week - sorry for the wait.

I have not received any notification of the beta update being updated yet. Can you give us a firm date when we will get this update.

There are quite a lot of moving parts to bring together for the next beta release so it’s not possible to give a firm date I’m afraid. We are actively working on those pieces and will get it out as soon as we can. Sorry again for the wait.