Problem when importing 3D unlit material

Hi! I seem to have a problem with importing my model using the unlit material. It somehow turns the model transparent and blue, even after I place the textures in.

However the textures does appear when changing to the other material types like Standard Lighting and Toon Lighting, but I wanted it to shadeless. Not sure where I did wrong? Thanks~

Hi @ainuldania,

Iā€™d recommend having a look at our 3D model documentation, more importantly - Exporting, Importing and Supported Formats and Requirements.

Itā€™s weird that it only happens when using unlit materials. It might have something to do with the model having a transparency map.

What modeling software was this created in?

George

I created this Blender 3D. How would I fix the transparency map?

Hi @ainuldania,

Did you manage to fix this?

Feel free to send the model file to support@zappar.com if you are still having issues. We can take a closer look and see what the issue might be.

George

Hi @ainuldania and @George,

Iā€™m having this exact problem with 1 of my 7 models Iā€™m trying to import. I was wondering if you have found a solution to this?

I also noticed that the shade of blue weirdly ā€œpieces togetherā€ when looking from the sideā€¦
Video of importing the model

-Thanks in advance

Hi @capstone1920,

Iā€™m not sure if a solution was ever found. Did you model this yourself, if so, in what software?

Please feel free to send the model file to support@zappar.com where we can take a closer look and try to find a solution.

George

Hi @George, and anyone else having this issue :slight_smile:

I made my model in blender. Unfortunately I did not find a solution or what caused this. However, I found a workaround.

I figured that these seemed NOT to cause this issue:
-export settings
-texture
-material or itā€™s settings
-normal orientation
-armature or animations
-unapplied modifiers (mirror modifier & triangulate)
-mirrored UVā€™s

For testing I created a default cube object in blender. Separated a single polygon from the character model. Merged that polygon to the cube object. Tested to export that cube object to Zapworks. And it had this issue! Itā€™s like the original model or itā€™s vertice/polygon data is corrupted somehowā€¦

So what I did was basically remesh the model. In my case it was okay since itā€™s a lowpoly character and rather quick to do with help of shrinkwrap modifier. Then UV unwrapped it again and placed the UV islands to somewhat match the original (because I didnā€™t want to paint the textures all over again).

Hereā€™s the ā€˜corrupted cubeā€™ and the remeshed new model:

I hope his might save time or help someone having the same issue :smile:

2 Likes

Hello
I had the same problem with a plant I made in Blender, and the problem was that it had Vortex Groups, so when I removed them and exported it again, it was fixed.

2 Likes