PNG images appear black on IOS

I created a new project with only a plane.
I saved in aws server a png image with transparency (256*512 cleaned with ImageOptim).
I applied a Z.ImageTexture(“image_pbg_url”) to the plane.
The image showed correctly on an android device but it appeared black on a iOS Device (iPad Air 2).
Why?

1 Like

Hi @aron.tessari,

Thanks for your question.

Would it be possible to send the example ZPP you mentioned to support@zappar.com so we can take a further look?

We have tried to re-create this but cannot seem to find an issue.

Looking forward to finding a solution for you! :slight_smile:

George

Ok, I’ve just sent the .zpp file.
Thanks

1 Like

Any movement on this or resolution? I have students working on a capstone project that are running into this same issue. Is there a fix?

George – Any luck with this issue? I have some students working on a big capstone project who have run into the same problem. They said they have contacted Zapworks but have been told its a CORS / .htaccess issue. Seems strange that, that is the issue since it works on an android. Can you provide some insight? The students have been pitching the client McKinstry https://www.mckinstry.com/ on using your product over the long term for other information displays in their new net zero energy building. I believe they even got a quote for you to give to the client. Anyhow seems a bit odd for an jpg/png to not load. Is this an zappar app issue? Is it a script issue? Is it as you say a CORS/htaccess issue? Any help for these two soon to be graduates would be helpful.

Thank you - be well

Professor Travis Masingale
Visual Communication Design
Eastern Washington University
tmasingale@ewu.edu

Travis I would take a look at this post about the CORS/.htaccess.
It may help you out. as for why it work on one and not the other with WebAR it’s how the data is send back with the CORS. There is a video playing problem in WebAR because of CORS as well.

https://forum.zap.works/t/videoplayer-not-working-on-web-ar/4001/15

Steve

Thank you, I will take a look.

1 Like

Hi @tmasingale,

Unfortnately, we weren’t able to recreate the black images issue our end when Aron previously got in touch with the support team.

@tmasingale, could you please send the ZPP of the experience you are having troubles with to support@zappar.com? If possible, could you also let us know the device and OS you are launching the experience with (+ any other information you think might be helpful)?

As Steve mentioned, it could be a CORS issue, however, this usually only occurs when launching into WebAR and not the Zappar app.

George

1 Like

George – Thank you for your quick response. I encouraged my students to look more carefully at the CORS and htaccess thread and they figured out the problem.

Thanks again for your help.

3 Likes