Passing a referrer ID into and out of Zap - accessing additional variables from a URL?

I’d like to create a WebAR experience our sales folk can use: a postcard to use as a tracked image, with a QR code to fire up the experience. Within the experience there’ll be a “buy now!” call-to-action button.

So far, that all sounds do-able.

The question: we need to track which salesperson each lead came from. We can make sure each sales bod has their own unique QR code printed on their cards, but I’m trying to work out the best way to handle the Zap side of things. Ideally we’d just create a single project, then generate a separate URL for each salesperson, with their referrer code tacked onto the end of the Zap deep link URL.

Is this possible?

For example (and I’ve cribbed this URL from elsewhere on the forum as an example - it’s not mine), if we were to make a QR code linking to
https://web.zappar.com/?zid=z/w3Go1c&referrer=salesguy01
… is there a way within Zap to access that referrer code value so I can add it to the end of a “load URL” button action within the AR experience?

The alternative would be to duplicate the whole project for each salesperson, but that’d be … unpleasant :slight_smile:

Accessing additional URL variables could be useful for other things, too, if possible.

Hi @howiemnet,

Looks like you’re after query string parameters. More info here:

Hope this helps :slight_smile:

Fantastic! Thanks - that’s super helpful.

A heads-up: if you request a deeplink for your project from your Zapworks project page, you’re given a webxr.run based URL, which then redirects to web.zappar.com - I think it’s just Zap’s own address shortener. Makes for a smaller QR code, which is nice.

But it doesn’t seem that extra parameters on the query string are passed through. So if you want to use query string parms to pass information into your WebAR experience, it seems you have to find the web.zappar.com/?zid=blah… URL and add your parameters to that: you can of course then shorten and/or QR-ify that final URL.

It’d be nice if webxr.run could pass through any extra querystring parameters it’s given (in addition to the rs/menu/toolbar ones it adds itself). It’d have saved me a lot of headscratching :slight_smile: … feature request perhaps?